The Connected Generation Unconference is coming up on Saturday July 11th in London! Looks like a great event. You can register for free and get more info HERE. Be quick as the places seem to be running out!
If you're going from Wales, let me know and we can hook up?
Here's Tim's overview of the day:
"If your work involves young people, then understanding and engaging with social media and online technologies is a must. This event is an opportunity to explore big ideas, and practical realities of weaving the web into work with young people.
As an unConference, the exact programme is created on the day by the participants, who will convene conversations, provide demonstrates and share their insights. However, themes that are likely to be explored include:
- Communicating with young people online - from promoting youth services and positive activities, through to hosting two-way dialogues with young people in online spaces.
- Social networks & youth participation - how can Facebook, Bebo, MySpace and Ning be part of the participation workers toolbox? And how does social networking have the power to change the face of participation?
- Digital inclusion for young people - making sure that all young people have the access to technology and the skills they need to get on in the digital age;
- Practical action - how to make sure online engagement is based on safe-and-sound foundations; getting policies in place; and making sure the technology and staff skills are available to make the most of online engagement;
- Hands-on learning - exploring different social media tools that you can use in your work, and sharing tips with other participants about the best way to use them; "